Thinking of selling your home?
Here are a few things to consider
- All improvements on the property are council approved? If not, make it clear on the Contract of Sale so the Buyer is aware of this.
- If you have a mortgage over the property, contact your Bank to discuss their requirements to Discharge the Mortgage.
- If your property is not encumbered by a mortgage, then you may hold the Certificate of Title (provided that a duplicate Certificate of Title has been issued by Landgate).
- Are all Plumbing, Electrical and Gas in working order?
- Are the Residual Current Devices and Hard Wired Smoke Alarms compliant?
- If you are planning to go away during the settlement process, please advise Jacaranda Settlements immediately.
- Keys: If you reside in the property, then you have until midday the day following settlement to handover your keys to the Real Estate Agent. If the property is vacant at settlement, then the keys must be handed over immediately the following settlement.